ZOTAC Quake Live Cup F.A.Q
- What is necessary to participate in the ZOTAC Quake Live Cup?
To participate in the ZOTAC Quake Live Cup following requirements must be fulfilled:
- Where can I buy Quake Live?
You can purchase Quake Live Premium or Pro account on the Quake Live homepage. For a Standard account simply register at the website.
- Do I need a Premium/Pro account to participate in the ZOTAC Quake Live Cup?
You do not need a Premium/Pro account in order to participate. A referee can spawn or invite you to a server if necessary.
- Who can participate in the ZOTAC Quake Live Cup?
Everybody who owns an original version of Quake Live can participate in the ZOTAC Quake Live Cup, from beginners to casual gamers and from amateurs to professionals. Everybody is invited to take part.
- Which rules & regulations are being used for the ZOTAC Quake Live Cup?
The ZOTAC Quake Live Cup has its own regulations which can be found on the top navigation in the dropdownmenu under Rules.
- Which mappool is used for the ZOTAC Quake Live Cup?
The ZOTAC Quake Live Cup is using the following mappool:
- Blood Run (ztn)
- Furious Heights (t7)
- Lost World (dm13)
- How to decide the map I have to play against my opponent?
The mappool consists of seven(5) maps. The mapvote before every match will be procedured as followed:
- Bo1: veto (A-B-A-B-A-B); one map remains
- Bo3: veto (A-B-A-B-A-B); pick (A-B); 3rd map remains
- Bo5: pick (A-B-A-B); 5th map remains
- A is mentioned first (1st) in the matchdetails
- B is mentioned second (2nd) in the matchdetails
- When can I sign in and what do I need to consider for participating?
Important is, that you complete your account before you sign-up for the cup. Here you have to insert your game accounts; this is necessary to be identifiable for the players and referees during a cup. The registration for the next cup starts each time after the end of the current cup. You have one week to sign-up. Please, do not forget the Check-in which starts one hour before the cup.
- Why is a Check-in needed one hour before the cup starts?
The check-in ensures that every player who signed-up is available for the cup. Players who signed-up but didn’t check-in are not able to participate. Therefore the check-in is important. The number of slots is limited, as you can say „first come, first serve“ during the check-in phase.
- What is the pool-system?
The ZOTAC Quake Live Cup is using a pool-system to determinate who has to play against who. This means that every participant gets drawn an opponent at the beginning. The first player who beats his first round opponent has to play against the second who was able to beat his first round opponent. So it is guaranteed that you can play round by round without long idle times. Well-known players might be seeded by the referees before the tournament starts to ensure that these players will not eliminate each other in the the early stages of the tournament.
- How can I communicate with the players of the tournament?
Each player should be use the match comments in your match details to communicate.You can also use our IRC-Channel #ZOTAC.qlive on irc.quakenet.org:6667. If you do not have an irc-client installed yet you can use our webclient.
- How can I contact the referees of the tournament?
To contact an admin please use the support ticket system on the website which can be found in the top navigation under support. The referees of the ZOTAC Quake Live Cup, as well as the players are also present in #ZOTAC.qlive on irc.quakenet.org:6667. You will recognize them by the @ and the "ZOTAC" tag in front of their nicknames.
- My opponent is not available. What should I do?
Please contact one of our referees via the new support ticket system. He will help you to find your opponent or to give you a defwin if your opponent is not present. In the first two rounds default wins can be forced 30 minutes after the match was created on the website.
- How do I report the score after a match
The looser of a match is commited to enter the result on the website. Therefore the score has to be reported in the “Your Cup Status Box” on the top right. If the loser did not report the score, the winner has to contact a referee by creating a support ticket. The referees will enter the result in that case. The system calculates your further opponent automatically. In exceptional cases the referee can insert the score, if the loser does not fulfill his duty.
- What can I win at this tournament?
Every week the winner of the ZOTAC Quake Live Cup gets 100 Euro prize money. The winner will be contacted by a referee to arrange the transfer which is handled via PayPal or bank transfer.
- I have won! What do I need to do to get the prize money?
The winnner will be contacted by a referee to arrange the prize money transfer. The transfer is handled via PayPal or bank transfer. Under certain circumstances a transfer via Western Union is also possible but needs the approval of a ZOTAC Cup Supervisor. Other payment methods are not accepted.
- I have a problem and need help! Who to contact?
Of course you can always contact one of our referees via the new support ticket system. If you do not have a ZOTAC Cup Account you can contact us via [email protected].
- Will my game be broadcasted?
Freaks 4U Gaming reserves itself the right to broadcast specific games in cooperation with coverage partners from all over the world. Official broadcasting partners are allowed to show any match and to ask players to become invited to the match by the host. By participating in the tournament each participant agrees to a possible broadcast of their games.
- I want to broadcast the ZOTAC Quake Live Cup. What should i do?
If you want to broadcast the ZOTAC Quake Live Cup write a support ticket with the following information:
- What project are you streaming for?
- How many viewers watching your stream ordinary?
- Which language do you want to broadcast?
- URL to your stream
- Quake Live game account of the streamer
- What is Freaks 4U Gaming?
The tournament is officially arranged by Freaks 4U Gaming on behalf of ZOTAC. GameSports and MyStarCraft are labels of Freaks 4U Gaming and broadcasts specific games of the cup via audio and video streams every week. For more information visit www.freaks4u.de, www.GameSports.de and www.myStarCraft.de.